Pet Wellness Care Is Key to Keeping Your Pet Healthy
Preventative Care for Puppies, Kittens, Adult & Senior Pets
At Four Paws @ Four Points, we believe prevention is key to keeping your pet healthy in all life stages. Regular wellness examinations allow us to detect disease and health problems early so treatment will have the best chance of success for keeping your pet comfortable, active, and with a good quality of life for as long as possible.
Additionally, we feel strongly about taking care of our senior patients through early detection of disease or degenerative changes through wellness screening.
Recommendations of wellness screening tests vary with age and breed, but include:
- Routine physical examination checkups from head to toe often reveal previously unidentified issues such as heart murmurs, skin or abdominal masses, ear or dental infections and tooth abscesses, joint abnormalities or signs of arthritis, and much more
- Counseling on vaccines that may be indicated for your pet
- Counseling on parasite preventives, such as heartworm, intestinal parasites, and fleas
- Nutrition and dietary counseling
- Annual testing for heartworms and internal parasites in dogs
- Blood tests specialized for each life stage, screening for conditions such as diabetes, liver and kidney disease, thyroid abnormalities, etc.
- Blood pressure
- X-rays of chest and abdomen to identify abnormalities such as heart enlargement; lung problems, some cancers, liver, spleen, or lymph node enlargement, etc.
- EKG (electrocardiogram)